New West Spartans T&F Club, is excited to offer an outreach program for New West and Burnaby Elementary and Secondary Schools, who would like assistance in track and field and cross-country.
New West Spartans, will provide a series of technical workouts during the course of the season on Fridays at Mercer Stadium in New Westminster, focusing on general fitness running technique and hurdling for the track and X-C season, under the direction of Head Coach Tatjana Mece.
Goals Of The Program:
- Encourage an active lifestyle.
- Provide an understanding of the fundamentals of running as the base movement for all sports.
- Provide specific training in hurdles from one of the best hurdling coaches in the country.
- Place an emphasis on personal bests instead of performances relative to others.
How We Implement The Program:
- Tatjana Mece (New West Spartans Head Coach and Registrar) will coordinate the program.
- New West Spartans, will provide coaches in approximately a 10:1 athlete to coach ratio.
- The school is to provide supervision during program implementation times if possible.
- Please, contact our Head Coach Tatjana Mece, until March 31, 2018 to confirm your participation.
What We Provide:
- Making Track and Field and Cross Country Fun sessions from April 6th, to May 25th, 2018, for T&F and September 14, to November 2, 2018 for Cross Country.
- Coaching for students with minimal work for teachers, or coaches, if this role is possible.
- NW Spartans, welcomes students in this program, to practices at Mercer Stadium, on Fridays 3:30pm-5:00pm, April 6th, to May 25, and Sept. 14, to Nov. 2, 2018 for X-C.
- Training at no cost to the school. The schools will provide insurance through BC Athletics.
If not, New West Spartans T&F Club will provide the BC Athletics membership for the participants.
Do not miss this great opportunity for your school athletes.
Some Info About New West Spartans T&F Club:
NW Spartans, is now one of the leading voices of track and field in the province, and the country. In addition to this, New West Spartans T&F Club, has trained:
- 29 Canadian National Champions
- 46 High School Provincial Champions.
Twelve athletes, who competed for the Canadian teams, including World Track and Field Championships in the Junior and Youth categories, where four of our high school athletes, are ranked top 10 at IAAF World List and World Championships.
- At 2017 Pan-Am Junior Track & Field: Silver medal winner Anastas Eliopoulos, and Thomas Nobbs, Bronze at Pan-Am Cross Country, and Nina Schultz a top Heptathlete at NCAA Div.1
Tatjana Mece, has trained three top high school athletes, who ranked top 6 in the IAAF World List.
- Anastas Eliopoulos, Ranked # 6, at 2017 IAAF World Junior List in 110mH.
- Thomas Nobbs, Ranked # 5, at 2016 IAAF World Youth List in 2000m Steeplechase.
- Nina Schultz, Ranked # 4, at 2017 IAAF World Junior List in Heptathlon, with 6021 points, and
- Stephanie Cho, 400mH BC High School record holder, ranked 10th at World Youth Championships.
- Mihailo Stefanovic, BC High School and Canadian Champion in 110mH and 300mH, ranked 21st at semi final of World Youth Championships.
- Bogdan Pavel, Silver medal at BC High School Championships and top hurdler of UBC Track Team.